If you have been diagnosed with diabetes, you probably already know the main symptoms, which include:
– Frequent urination
– Blurred vision
– Sexual difficulties
– Change in weight
– Pains and tingles in extremities
But what is the likely course of your condition, over time? And how do you know if you would benefit from our unique approach to diabetes care?
Diabetes may often exist without symptoms, which is why many people don’t realise they have the condition. So when you do experience symptoms, it usually indicates that your glucose levels are quite high.
For a specialist Consultant appointment (no Doctor’s referral required) or to get a second opinion. Call +44 (0)800 0483 330 or click here to email us using one of our contact forms and we'll get back to you promptly.
The need for long term care and support
Over time diabetes can cause complications in the body – affecting the eyes, nerves, kidneys, heart and blood vessels. (See Long term complications, for more detailed information.)
The consequences can be severe, debilitating, and expensive to treat. They may even be life-threatening. So whether you’re diagnosed with diabetes, or have had it for some time, you need the very best support, advice and ongoing care.
At The London Diabetes Centre, that’s exactly what our team of diabetes specialists aims to provide.
Would you benefit from our diabetes service?
You certainly would if:
- You’re having problems managing your blood sugar
- You want to know more about diabetes and understand what’s happening to your health
- You have complex issues that need more time to discuss and solve
- You need a personalised approach and a team to back you up
- You need flexible appointments that can fit easily into your schedule
- You have side effects or problems with your medication for diabetes
- You’re interested in the newest therapies available
- You do sports with diabetes and need advice on glucose management during exercise
- If you are caring for a child with diabetes